Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Kate Moss for Rimmel London Lipsticks.

Hey everyone, I'm going to do a little product review today, of Rimmel London's Kate Moss Lipstick Range. I'm a lipstick junkie and like everyone, I adore Kate Moss, so I was really excited about her new make up range. I'm a fan of Rimmel too but usually for their liquid eyeliner which is a cult product for me.


 The two lipsticks I got from the range are numbers 01 and 04.
No.1 is a deep bright red, not unlike MAC's Ruby Woo.
 No.4 is a very dark purple, along the lines of Tom Ford's Black Orchid Lipstick, but more purple pigmentation.

 The casing is just simple and black with Kate Moss's signature in red italics across the tube and the Rimmel crown tastefully embossed on the cap.

Both lipstick's are moisturizing and high shine.. for an hour or so, after that it begins to matteify, which I like because I prefer a matte lip to a high shine look a anyway, but I'm sure this will be a problem for people who dislike a matte finish.
My only real problem with this range is that is is scented, and I find the scent a little overpowering and unpleasant. It's a kind of fruity, spiced Christmas candle smell.
I'm sure most people wont find issue with this scent, but it's just not for me. 

Overall I would mark them 3/5, the colors are high pigmented but the shine and smell lose two marks from what could be a potential top scorer!

No comments:

Post a Comment