Monday, 9 June 2014

Minimalist Haul | Missguided,H&M & Vintage

Lately I realised I needed a few light pieces to spruce up my Summer wardrobe. My Summer colours are still black, black and more black, but Iv'e added a few bits of white and grey to brighten things up. Most of the pieces just arrived today courtesy of Missguided, so everything featured should still be available online.
Ive been going for a minimalistic approach to Summer fashion this season, with blank whites and textured blacks featuring heavily in my Summer LookBook. Iv'e also been loving the whole Palm Springs/Club Tropicana trend that all the editorials and highstreet stores have been showcasing.

Top | Nicole X Missguided
When the hotly anticipated Nicole Sherzinger collaboration with Missguided was released, I was slightly disapointed with it as, although it was amazingly sexy and on trend, very little of it suited my personal style. There were a few pieces however. that caught my eye, particularily the black mesh pieces such as this croptop with mesh sleeves. It's quite fitted and very very cropped, I'd prefer if it was a bit longer but I'm looking forward to styling this piece with my mesh skirt, featured in my OOTD that you can see here.

You can also read my article on the release of Nicole's Missguided collection here on Style Eyes.
Bomber Jacket | Missguided
I ordered this quilted bomber jacket to throw on as an alternative to my black bomber jackets for nights out. Its a really light material with a faux leather exterior so it's perfect for Summer and the All White Everthing minimalist look Iv'e been loving lately. 
                                  I also love the light quilted texture detailing on the exterior.
Dress | Missguided
I loved this dress in whiteso much I decided to pick it up in black as well! It's just a simple minimalist shift style dress. I love the ease and simplicity of having pieces like this in my wardrobe. The added sheer panel at the d├ęcolletage adds interest and keeps the black dress from being too heavy for Summer months, not that you don't still need warmth in an Irish Summer.

You can also check out some other Missguided looks iv'e put together on my Instagram.
Co-ordinates | Missguided
The next bits I purchased is this white palm print shorts and jacket combo. I have been totally obsessed with co-ordinates this S/S season and this print caught my eye immediatley on the Missguided website. 
These co-ords were sold seperatley on the Missguided website, and you could choose to match the jacket with either a dress or a top & shorts. I chose the shorts and jacket without the top as I thought a cute white or black crop top would keep the co-ordinate look without being too matchy-matchy.
The muted club tropicana print was also perfect for me as I can be a tad colour shy. It's perfectly palm springs without being too over the top.
Ring | Missguided
     I chose this "palm leaf" ring as I was inspired by the Motel Rocks leaf print co-ords that Iv'e seen all over Look Book and Tumblr. As much as I'm liking this ring, i think that the shad of gold they chose it quite bright and a little tacky, and it really stands out as being bright and brassy when I wear it stacked with other gold rings. Other than that i think it's an edgy but subtle take on the, lets face it, weed print trend.
Co-ordinates | H&M
I also picked up this pair of white co-ordinates in the H&M sale. I thought they were simple and would be easy to style together or as seperates. I also chose them due to the textured look and feel of the fabric.

Lace Top | Vintage
My Mum is an excellent one for hoarding away gems from her 80's and 90's wardrobe. Recently she gifted me this beautiful delicate palm lace top with pearl buttons. It's gorgeous and looks amazing worn as a bralet under sheer white tops and as a crop top with highwaited jeans, sliders and an open shirt.
 
Leather Backpack | Vintage
After seeing me lusting after millions of black leather backpacks on Polyvore, my very generous Mum also gave me this perfect little vintage backpack. Iv'e been wearing this to death since she gave it to me and it's officially my new favourite bag for everyday. It's little but quite roomy, and sits perfectly even over my giant Levis sherling jacket. Thanks Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment