Monday, 16 December 2013

Christmas Party Dresses

Christmas Party Dresses

Christmas Party Dresses by sarahmagliocco 

So the Christmas season is upon us once again, and Christmas equals parties, nights out and mistletoe.
Seeings as I like to think of myself as an amateur stylist of sorts and spend hours making outfits out of my own wardrobe (and my friend's!) and on Polyvore, I decided to find a few pretty party dresses and construct outfits around them! I picked some very different dresses as I hoped to create something to suit everyones style.



The first dress I picked out was this green draped front dress with an asymetrical hem. I am sorely tempted to buy it myself for the Christmas night out. This first look is something I would personally wear myself. I paired it with Jeffrey Campbell's It shoe, the white 'Scully' platform. I am literally in love with these shoes lawwd knows I lust over them. They are sold out nearly everywhere but I'm hoping they will soon be restocked over at Nastygal, SoleStruck or Karmaloop.

I also teamed this dress with a gold chunky chain by Balmain, but any affordable chunky chain will do. Along with this I put a white envelope clutch bag with gold detailing to tie the whole look together.


The second look I put together is for the girly party goers this holiday season. With the sequins & shine in this look you wont be missed! The dress is from SoFeminine.co.uk and marries gold and silver sequins perfectly.
I teamed this already over the top party dress with stand out silver accessories to match the sequins on the bust line of the dress.
This simple chain is an everyday wardrobe essential anyways, and is available from Topshop.
The original Polyvore clutch is a bit pricy so I opted for this oversized felt envelope clutch, which you can get from StudioBin at Etsy.com.
The shoes are a modern take on the staple court shoe, and Miss Selfridge gives them a hologram makeover.

For the third look I had a girl with edge in mind. This multi textured velvet & sequin party dress is the perfect eclectic take an classic Christmas sequins.

Available from Topshop, this thigh skimmer will surely get you noticed on the dance floor even with its subtle colour scheme.

I paired this with the classic Jeffrey Campbell best seller, the all black lita, available from Karmaloop.com. This Aldo cocktail ring also ads the right amount of understated glamour while this feathered ASOS clutch injects that extra bit of edge to an already dynamic outfit, especially if your budget doesnt quite stretch to the Saint Laurent black box clutch. Pair with a black fur coat and a jager bomb and you're set for the night!

For the final look, I wanted to go all out glamour for someone who likes to keep it classy at all times. I chose the white Alice & Olivia dress because it's beautiful, simple and chic, but it would set you back a whopping €320.
Seeings white is the It colour of the season, here is a selection of white out dresses, all available from Missguided.co.uk. Order by Wednesday if you want it to be here before Santa arrives!

I teamed the white dress with colour pop accessories to lift the look. I chose cobalt blue but any colour would work just as well! 
These statement structured earrings are from Topshop, and match the gold detailing on the cobalt 'Barely There' shoes from River Island for €65.
The amazing fur bag is by 3.1 Philip Lim and is available from Modaoperandi.com.
If your looking for cobalt on the high street then look no further than this Zara colour pop clutch.
Information on any of these looks and links to Where To Buy are all on my Polyvore page, the link is just under the Top Image!  I'm thinking of starting a 'How To Style' section on my blog so let me know what you think! I'm going to do do it by occasion, such as what to wear to a wedding, and items, such as tartan pants, pelmet skirt etc. so if you have any suggestions please leave them in the comments below!
Ciao for now and have a wonderful holiday season from Vintage Venom.
(You can also now follow me on Bloglovin Follow my blog with Bloglovin )

1 comment:

  1. Great article sarah. I'm now sorted for christmas shenanigans. Xx

    ReplyDelete